Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Off to Chicago

One day… here we go.

Packing is just now starting to get organized. I have taken over my parent’s living room laying out what I think I need, weeding out what I realize I don’t and trying to stay conservative and practical. I have been advised to lay out what I think I need and then get rid of half of it. We’ll see how that goes.

My parents have been very helpful in making sure I have what I need and I’m feeling prepared as far as packing goes.

My departure to Chicago is tomorrow and I’m starting to get extremely a bit nervous, but I am so lucky to have such a great support system, wonderful friends and family members encouraging this journey. I received a comforting letter this week from my Aunt Robin and Uncle Dave who are experienced sailboat dwellers and travelers. They offered these words of wisdom:

“Getting ready to set sail- stowing and provisioning is tough!

Saying goodbye and pulling away from the dock is tougher!

Battling seasickness at the beginning of the journey is the toughest!

Then you wake up one morning in the middle of the ocean and realize what a wonderful adventure it is and how you never want it to end!

Fair winds, following seas, and much love!”

No comments:

Post a Comment